5 Ways to Live the Spirit of the International Day of Happiness Everyday
Today marks the celebration of the very first International Day of Happiness! Last June, the United Nations established March 20th as the International Day of Happiness. Their resolution establishes this new holiday as a day to celebrate the pursuit of happiness as the "fundamental human goal."
Costa Rica has been considered the Happiest Place on Earth since 2009 in the Happy Planet Index, a study by the New Economics Foundation.
In the spirit of the day and of Costa Rica, here are 3 Ways that You Can Celebrate International Day Of Happiness:
1. Spend quality time with loved ones. Can you think of anything that makes you happier than spending time with the ones you love? A great way to bond with family is a new experience- I suggest a horseback tour or a zip line. Even after the tour is over, you have a wonderful memory!
2. Put down the camera/cell phone/tablet/laptop/etc. and BE WHERE YOU ARE! One of the keys to happiness is losing yourself completely to the moment. So, even if just for today, put down your technology and take the time to look at the world around you. Our Endless Summer Surfing Package includes photography, so you won't need to take your own pics!
3. Watch the Sunset. Join us at the Beach Bar at Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa to watch the sun sink below the Pacific. It is a sight not to be missed!
4. Pura Vida. Do you know why Ticos are so happy? Because they have a way of looking at life from which we could all learn a thing or two. Literally translated, Pura Vida means "pure life" but that doesn't even begin to explain what it means to live a Pura Vida life. To live a pura vida life, you need to slow down, enjoy each moment, focus on the good and make family & friends a priority. Just for today, focus on what really matters...live, laugh & love one another.
5. If number 4 seems too daunting of a task to take on today, then book a vacation to Costa Rica. I don't know about you, but I'm happiest when I am anticipating an exciting trip. Book here or give us a call at 410-727-6444 for help planning your Costa Rica vacation.
Pura Vida & Happy Happiness Day!